...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Newsletter

I sent out a Christmas letter this year. You know, one of those cheeseball newsletters with all the news from the year. If I was married and had children, it would be full of their exploits at kindergarten, like when little Timmy clogged up the toilet at school with parts of his Elmo doll. I, however, have no children, so had to fill the letter with exploits of my very own. Some of those exploits have been explored in these pages, like the Roller Girl stunt. Some have not, like the particularly violent illness I went through in July that triggered what has become, to date, a 25 pound weight loss. It is amazing what flu/food poisoning/plague can do to your attitude toward food.

I've always written pretty tongue-in-cheek when writing about my life. I don't think very much is worth taking seriously. Kittens and puppies, maybe. And North Korean dictators. But that just about covers it. Everything else is fair game. Including most parts of my life. Those that I'm willing to write about, anyway.

So I was surprised to find that people were worried about me when they read what I thought was a pretty funny newsletter. They thought I was depressed or sad or generally not right. Which, really? Goes without saying.

I'm going to state it loud and proud: I really like my life right now. I admit, I haven't had the best of years. However, it hasn't been the worst, either (a record held jointly by 2005 and 1993). I look and feel better than I have in about ten years. I have a great group of friends. I have my family, my health, a good job, a good boss (who doesn't know I'm writing this at work), no free time, a trip to Florida coming up and five more pounds to lose before I can fit in that ridiculous red satin skirt I bought on a whim. Life is good. So, if you're reading this and you thought I might be ready for the nuthatch? No worries and have a great holiday.

1 Comments:

  • -silently folding straight jacket it and putting it back in the drawer-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home