...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Thursday, December 28, 2006

First in Time, First in Right

Thought I'd compile a list of firsts for this year, to commemorate the passing of 2006. So, without further ado, things I did for the first time this year:

--Cancelled plane tickets
--Was hit on by a grandfather. That I met on a plane. Who wanted to come visit me. When his tour of duty in Iraq was over.
--Purchased my very own auto.
--Overnighted on beautiful and wacky Little Sable Point. And met the beautiful and wacky inhabitants.
--Drove a boat. Not well. But drove it.
--Kissed a married man. Without meaning to. The married part, anyway. I did mean to kiss him. Hi Mom!
--Drank blueberry vodka. To excess.
--Wore a leather skirt. However, Chris Berman did not ask me to go anywhere with him.
--Got frozen out of my house. Twice.
--Drank beer out of a paper bag while wandering aimlessly around East Lansing, Michigan. I've wandered around there aimlessly before, but not with a beer in a paper bag.
--Kissed a police officer. But never in uniform. Hello, again, Mother.
--Spent the night at a hunting lodge with a seven-person hot tub and wooden moose motif. No, I did not use the hot tub. I could barely bring myself to use the shower.
--Purchased and slept with...an electric blanket. Perverts.
--Won a golf league.
--Heard my mother say, "When I get home from church..."
--Got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.
--Got out of a ticket because I was late for a tee time.
--Kissed someone significantly younger than me. Really young. Like I-could've babysat-for-them young.

Maybe you should stop reading now, Mom.

--Discovered my hair can be naturally curly if I put in enough product.
--Saw an actual basketball game at the Breslin Center.
--Failed to get into an NCAA pool for the first time in ten years.
--Got driven home from a party from an actual gentleman who didn't try anything. And who's probably gay.
--Made banana-stuffed french toast. However, not frequently enough.
--Fell for the "wanna come see my motorcycle" line, because I really did.
--Dropped a couple of dress sizes.
--Started giving out my phone number on my business card. How did I get so old and still have to be doing this?
--Stayed on the 60th floor of a hotel.
--Learned that people from California don't necessarily know who Barak Obama is.
--Saw actual drug deals go down in a bar.
--Didn't buy a Christmas tree.
--Hit the longest drive by a woman at the FOP golf outing.
--Got hit on at the FOP golf outing.
--Went out drinking at a Polish hall for Pulaski days. Yeah, don't ask.
--Learned that there are people out walking around with coils in their head.
--Didn't carve a pumpkin for Halloween.
--Engaged in a very public display of affection. Middle-of-the-street public. I'm a bad girl.
--Did not go to a Big Ten football game for the first time in years.
--Learned that, when it comes to what I haven't got, three kids is right up there.
--Took an unplanned trip on the spur of the moment.

So, while I haven't learned any new languages or how to play the piano, I think it has been a fulfilling, eventful and interesting year, all told. I can only imagine what the next year will hold.

I wish you all the best this year and next--see you on the flip side.


3 Comments:

  • I'm quite proud to have been a part of several items on your list...none that involved kissing...which should relieve your mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  

  • I may have been involved in the kissing part!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM  

  • Heh. Which one?

    By Blogger Miss Head, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home