...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Drakkar

I was at someone's house the other night, having drinks. They have a teenage stepson. He was going out with some friends and was busy getting ready in his basement room, then snuck out, avoiding the slightly drunk, very loud women hanging out in his kitchen.

After he left, the family cat came into the kitchen. I picked it up and put it in my lap, petting it. Then I looked at my friend, sitting next to me.

"Smell this cat," I said.

She looked at me. "Is this like the: I think this milk is spoiled--you smell it trick?"

"No. Tell me what you think this cat smells like," I said.

She leaned over and smelled the cat's fur. Far enough that she could jerk back if necessary. Close enough to get a whiff.

"Is that Drakkar?" she asked.

"That cat smells like high school, doesn't it?" I asked.

Later, we discovered that the cat had been in the teenager's bedroom when he was getting ready. When he came home (we were still drinking) and after we asked him whether he was smoking pot with his friends, we asked what kind of cologne he had on.

"Ax Body Spray."

"Ah," we both said, nodding knowingly.

While the scents may change, some things never will. Teenage boys and cologne: two things that should never be combined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home