...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Thursday, December 18, 2008

BANG!

So I'm not quite as consumed by work as I was a week ago but the aftereffects of stress are lingering. I'm doing my best to get over it but I feel like I'm operating with post traumatic stress disorder. Not to make light of PTSD or anything. But bursting into tears over a lost earring is not the reaction of a sane woman. Particularly an earring that was purchased at Kohl's by a man who left the price tag on the gift box.

I'm thinking the cure will be a few days off. But I'm getting to the point where days off cause me more stress than going to work. Like, "what will be waiting for me when I get back? What bomb will be on my desk, waiting to explode?"

Can't we all agree to take a week off and not send each other anything to work on during that time? Of course not. Because "I'm one up on you" is the mantra of the competitive nature of the human race.

1 Comments:

  • yep, you are in more of a need for a break than me...to bad about the earring...price tag left on, huh? ouch. guess you could use a couple of good bottles of wine on the days off. work will always be there to do, can't get by that, unless you quit and go off the grid! so let it go, get a massage, read a good book, or let liquored up with some good people, and relax!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home