...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Good morning

So I'm driving into work today, taking the usual route. I look for the man and his dog but I haven't seen them in a few weeks, since it started to get colder and the time changed and all. I'm thinking about reading about the election and what I might write about on here this morning, if I get around to writing anything at all. I'm thinking about a summer night a couple of years ago when I talked politics with strangers and how it is funny when you turn out to be right.

And I'm driving down the last long straightaway into the office, through a residential area filled with college apartments and small houses, right on a five lane road close to a major intersection. Traffic is just starting to get heavy, just before the school buses start trundling through town, picking up children and delivering them to be indoctrinated for the day.

There's this woman, standing at the end of her driveway. And she's got a black cape on.

"Well, that's odd," I think to myself. "Halloween is over and that isn't a bus stop that she's standing at so I wonder..."

And as I'm thinking these things, I'm driving toward her. I was the first car at the last light so there are no cars in front of me. Just a long stretch of empty street. And, as I drive toward her, she starts to take off the cape.

"...so I wonder...oh. She's...hmmmm...totally buck-ass naked."

She calmly flashed my car and the cars behind me. Then she folded the cape back over herself and calmly walked up to the house behind her. There was no screeching and clutching of the cape, with a panicked run back to the house, which is what I would have done if I were in here shoes. I watched in the rearview mirror as I continued on my way, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

I stopped at the stop light and looked at the guy next to me. He didn't look at me, kept his eyes on the road ahead. I can only imagine that he didn't see her. Or that he gets flashed by women more frequently than I do.

So now I'm left wondering. My friend with the local police force is off today, so I can't call him. I'm not even sure what house she went back to, frankly. And reporting someone for that is kind of a bullshit move.

Besides, I can only assume she lost a bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home