...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Karma

Sometimes karma really does come around to bite you in the ass. And sometimes it has bad aim.

I was telling a friend of mine the other day that sometimes I feel like I have to pay the karmic monster when I have a bout of good fortune. Like I go shopping and get a bunch of really great deals on suits or stockings or shoes, but leave a favorite scarf in the changing room (the scarf I wore overseas during those trips) and lose it forever. Or when I unexpectedly end up kissing a guy in the middle of the street and later discover that I lost the bracelet I was wearing at the time.

Karma has to get paid every once in a while.

I'd been having pretty good karma lately. Busy social life, good work routine, plans coming together. It all kind of imploded over Thanksgiving weekend and I've been in a funk ever since. So I've been spending more time at home, pondering what I can do to reverse the trend, thinking of ways I could get out of going to work, avoid phone calls, not speak to anyone. And I realized that I just kind of have to power through.

However, in the bad old days, at my old job, I used to sit and think of ways I could get out of work. Broken bones were good. Non-invasive operations and elective surgery were also high on the list. However, tops was a car accident on the way to work. Pretty fool-proof and without the necessity of all that planning and hospitalization, for the most part.

I was thinking of the car crash excuse today, when I was in the shower, miserable. But better sense prevailed and I went to work early. Early, early. Early enough to have to wait for Panera to open.

I'm sitting at my desk and my phone rings. My boss got hit head-on in the parking lot of Bob Evans this morning and his car is totalled.

My brain is beginning to scare me.

2 Comments:

  • that is a little freaky.

    Oh, and the bracelet you lost while kissing a guy in the street - well, he stole it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

  • That would explain quite a bit.

    By Blogger Miss Head, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home