...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Friday, December 19, 2008

More Deep Thoughts

Being an adult apparently means not sleeping.

Waking up in the middle of the night, worrying about any or all of the following:

Have I purchased everything I need for Christmas?

Do I have time to buy everything I need for Christmas?

How much money is in my bank account?

Did I pay the cable bill?

Did I get a cable bill this month?

Should I upgrade to the next level of minutes for my cell?

When am I going to get a day off where I don't have anything to do?

When am I going to get a half hour to clean my bathroom?

Maybe I should get up and clean my bathroom now.

What should I wear to work?

What do I have to do at work?

Did I forget to call that guy?

Did I forget to call that other guy?

Do I have clean underwear?

Is it okay to go without underwear when it is below freezing outside?

Is that safe?

What could happen?

Would that be covered by my insurance plan?

Do I have money left in my FLEX account?

Did I send in my receipts for a reimbursement?

Did I send in my receipts for my expense account?

Think they'll notice if I expense sushi?

Is the snow ever going to end?

Isn't anyone else up?

Why isn't anyone responding to texts at 4:13 a.m.?

Don't they like me anymore?

Don't I have any friends?

Am I going to die alone?

What is the meaning of life?

What is that? That, at the bottom of the bed?

Cat? Is that you?

2 Comments:

  • I'm with you sister. Anytime I hear my a'shole dogs before 5:30, I can't get back to sleep because that same list, and other things, start whirling in my head. Remember when people told us that it was foolish to want to grow up in a hurry? Now we know why.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

  • And hasn't it been worse, just lately? I just make lists about what I bought whom for Christmas...

    By Blogger Miss Head, at 4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home