...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lesser of Two

When faced with a choice between adultery and cheating on papers in college--actually purchasing papers from someone, I recently opined that, to me, intellectual dishonesty is worse. And then, of course, I realized that that makes me a horrible person, particularly because I was having the discussion with someone who had gotten divorced when she found out her husband was having a long-term affair with her good friend. But if faced with the choice between writing a college student's twenty page paper on early English Romantic poetry and fooling around with a married man, it would be a really difficult decision for me. And not just because I don't like English Romantic poetry.

A lot of factors would obviously come into play. Factors I can't even imagine. Is it a one-night stand or a long-term relationship? What sized font would you have to use? Are there kids involved? Footnotes or an index? Is the marriage happy? How wide can you make the margins? Do you have to analyze the poetry or can it just be a historical perspective? Is love involved? Is it a make or break class that you absolutely have to have? Do I know his wife?

What are your thoughts on this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home