...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Thursday, April 05, 2007

I Hate People

We have a little cafe in my office building where they sell salads and sandwiches and chips and whatnot. Today, the special is taco salad, complete with tortilla chips sprinkled decoratively around the paper plate.

I go into the lobby to go to the ladies' room. A woman is walking back to her office with her plate of taco salad. As she's walking past the elevators, a chip falls off her plate.

Instead of leaning over, putting her drink on the ground, picking up the chip and the drink and going back to her office to dispose of the floor-contaminanted chip? She proceeds to kick the chip behind a planter, breaking it into a million tiny pieces in the process. Thereby making it impossible for anyone else to pick it up without a vacuum.

She then looks my way to see if I've seen her. I ignore her. Then I mutter a derogatory comment under my breath as I go into the bathroom.

Because that's the way I stand up to people. By doing it quietly. Under my breath.

3 Comments:

  • I have been looking for a place that server some good whatnot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 AM  

  • i meant served (obviously)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 AM  

  • Oh, they have a heck of a whatnot. Followed by whosawhatsis for dessert.

    By Blogger Miss Head, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home