...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

9:27 p.m.

Should I call? Or should I wait for him to call?

He called last night at 9:17. He's ten minutes late. Should I call?

He keeps calling. I haven't called him before. He always calls. I can call. It is okay if I call him. It certainly isn't too...pushy. I can call. I can call. I can do this.

I'll wait. Just another minute.

Maybe he doesn't want to call anymore. Maybe he's not calling again. Maybe last time he called was the last time. I mean, it was this morning and he said he'd call back, but maybe he won't. Sometimes? Sometimes they don't. I should call. Who am I kidding. I can't call.

*Minutes pass*

I wonder if he's okay. Maybe something happened. Maybe he was in a car wreck. Maybe he's in the hospital. Maybe he's in a ditch somewhere. Oh my God, I should call. I should totally call. I should totally, totally call. I'm not going to call.

I could call...and leave a message. Totally. He won't answer. They never do. I'll just leave a message and be cute and casual and funny and he won't be able to resist and he'll have to call me back.

I'd better get a piece of paper to write something funny.

Okay. I'm ready. I can do this. I can totally do this. It is just one button. It isn't like I have to dial the whole number. Just push the button.

It is ringing. RINGING. Still ringing. Still ringing. Still...oh. Oh shit.

I think I just hung up on him. Was that him? Or was that his voice mail? Oh God. OhGodOhGodOhGod. I'm such an idiot. So dumb. So, so, so painfully dumb. And he'll know it was me. That's his cell and he'll know it was me. I'm soooooo dumb.

*Minutes pass*

He hasn't called back. Well, I didn't leave a message. If he answered the phone and I hung up, he thinks I'm an idiot and he'll never, ever call me again. If it was his voice mail, he'll at least see I called and didn't leave a message. Then he might still call. Maybe he'll call. But I can't. No more calling. I'm never calling again.

Maybe I should send a text?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home