...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Manners

I just went into the building bathroom here. We've got one women's room for the entire floor, not just one for the few women in our office. We share with about six or seven other offices. Plus, we're on the main floor, so there is a lot of foot traffic. Lots of moms with children trying to get all business taken care of before leaving the building.

There's a woman in the handicapped stall. She hadn't just walked in there. No movement. No clicking of the latch. It is dead silent.

I go into my favored stall--the middle one--and proceed to take care of business. Still no motion. No movement. No sound from the other side of the partition. She has black sandles and plum-colored toenail polish.

I finish up. Wash my hands. She still hasn't made a noise.

I walk outside and seriously have to fight with myself to go back to my office when I really just wanted to stand outside the door and wait for her to come out. Look her in the eye. Smile, nod and walk away. Just to let her know that I knew she was in there. And I knew what she was doing. Or that I could imagine what she was doing.

And I have a killer imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home