...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Monday, August 25, 2008

Random

Some thoughts...

I was walking into my office building the other day and saw the FedEx guy talking to the UPS guy. They were chatting and laughing, using lots of arm gestures and elevated eyebrows. They said goodbye and waved at each other just as I reached the door. UPS left and FedEx came in. I had to wonder if there is an entire subculture of delivery people who all know each other, hang out, talk about their deliveries, catagorize their customers based on the weight of their packages, not to mention whom they receive packages from. Is this going on?
***
I drove past Resurrection Cemetary the other day. And then I thought, that's a bit Pet Semetary-esque, isn't it? I want to end up in "Gone for Good Pastures" or "Extinguished Light Acres."
***
Behind a very odd guy at the grocery store yesterday. He had on a wedding ring, which is something I always look at there, for some reason. But he wasn't buying married person groceries. He was buying just-kicked-out-of-the-house groceries. Or I'm-living-at-the-Residence-Inn-while-my family-lives-in-another-state-because-we-can't-sell-our-house-groceries. Two six-packs of good beer. Yogurt. Vitamins. Jeans. Outdoor shoes. Five bags of assorted nuts. Deoderant. Body Wash. Four cases of soda, including Fresca. Very odd.
***
I totally judge people on the groceries they buy. I can tell if someone is married or single. I can tell if they exercise. I can tell if they can cook. I can tell if they are lonely or bored or sad or throwing a party I'd really like to go to. If I am behind you in the lane, then, yes, I am secretly judging you. And not only because you didn't put the plastic stick down after you unloaded your order onto the belt, you selfish bastard.
***
The guy whose office is next door cuts his fingernails at the office. It makes me want to beat my head against my desk.
***
If you have a 75-25% female to male ratio for your friends on Facebook, I'm not ever calling you again, jerkface.

2 Comments:

  • Worse: my boss cuts his toenails while he is on the phone with clients. If I can hear it, I assume they can to. AND - I agree with the Facebook comment, but wish to add that I think I am going to start deleting people who challenge me to mindless games re: the level (or lack thereof) of my intellect. Hmm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

  • I think the guy buying beer, outdoor shoes, etc., has someone locked in the trunk of his car. That is just an otherwise unexplainable combination of groceries.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home