...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sines

I am a firm believer that life comes at you in waves. When one aspect of your life is fabulous, another is in the crapper. When you could use help in one area, another area is keepin' on. And I also think that life can be pretty much boiled down to three things: vocation, economics and relationships.

I remember getting an astrological chart done once. A guy I worked with did it for me. If I remember correctly, he purchased softward to put the things together. It was beautifully done, all spiral bound on colored paper. Very sharp. Batshit crazy, but sharp.

The readings, of course, included information on those three portions of life: job, money and love. Pretty much all horoscopes and astrological readings center on those three areas. Mostly because those are the things that people obssess about in their daily lives.

Somehow, the wavetastic nature of life has coordinated into a valley the size of the Marianis Trench. All three aspects of life have bottomed out, all seemingly at the same time. How does that happen? How does karma just see fit to boot me in the ass like this?

I suppose I'm not at rock bottom with everything. However, when everything is going bad? It just makes everything seem worse. That, partnered with PMS? Is bad.

* * *

I'll give you just a taste of what's going on:

My car's power steering has gone out. It has had problems before. They've gone away. Not this time. And now? I need a new pump and fan for the thing. Which is going to take a week to get parts for. And will cost a bunch. Bunches. Plus, I have to rent a car. This? Sucks.

But, while I was at the shop, waiting to get the horrible news about the cost of the repairs (the man actually said to me, when he walked into the waiting room, "You shouldn't be smiling at me. You're not going to want to talk to me."), another woman was there getting something done to her car.

She proceeded to empty her ENTIRE purse all over the coffee table and the chair next to her. She had about 37 pens, nail polish, a brush, a spoon, a wallet, highlighters, parking lot tokens, business cards, change, tampons, photos, receipts, eyeshadow, lipstick, an eyelash curler, a small mirror, a blush brush, glasses and a case, sunglasses, a cell phone and a small notebook. I couldn't tell if she wanted me to think she was running away, like Aly Sheedy in The Breakfast Club or if she was really that desperate for attention.

Then she complimented me on my nail polish and I felt bad for thinking she was weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home