...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yet Another Sign I Have No Life

Yesterday, over drinks, a group of friends discussed the dynamics of mass texting. When you're sitting alone in a bar, waiting for someone to show up, and you send a text to everyone in your address book: "Where are you? I'm tired of drinking alone." And then you wait for some responses from whoever might be in the area and in the mood for a beer.

"You always answer the text. Like, right away," my friend says to me. "Even if you're someplace crazy. Like, in another state."

"Yeah, you text back, like, crazy fast," another guy said. "I've barely finished texting when I get a response back from you."

Yes, that's all true. Because I do nothing else but stare at my phone all day, willing it to chime to let me know that, yes, someone out there is thinking about me, even though I'm just one more name on their list of people to drink with. BECAUSE I HAVE NO LIFE!!!

That's all, carry on. I have to get back to monitoring my phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home