...Miss Head, if You're Nasty

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hitler

I was talking to my friend the other day. I have no idea what we were talking about. It could have been anything from her pregnancy to Anna Nicole's babydaddy to what we'd most like to have on a hamburger. And am I the only one who is sad that Anna's little girl won't get to be a real live princess someday?

So we're talking about something and whatever we're talking about triggered a memory for me. For some reason, I started thinking about this girl I met in college who was the best friend of one of my friends that I met in the dorm. The best friend went to school in Kentucky and would come to visit a few times a year.

Our senior year, she started dating this guy. I'm reasonably certain that she brought him to visit. And I think she ended up marrying him. I also seem to remember that his last name was, of all things, Hitler.

Me: "So I'm thinking her name ended up being Chrissy Hitler."

Jocelyn: "You're shitting me."

Me: "No. I'm completely serious."

J: "Can you imagine? How awful that would be?"

Me: "He seemed like a really nice guy. But that's one cross that's a bit much to bear, I think."

J: "Wouldn't you change your name, for cryin' out loud?"

Me: "You know, you'd think so."

We sat and thought about his situation for a moment.

J: "What if he ran for class president in high school? 'Hitler for President!'"

Me: "He'd never be able to wear a brown shirt'"

J: "True."

Me: "I'd imagine he gets a lot of looks when people read his driver's license."

J: "Or when he's taking your daughter to prom. 'Hi. Very nice to meet you. I'm John Hitler. You're daughter will be perfectly safe with me.'"

Me: "Would the parents be so bold as to ask, 'So, are you related to the...other Hitler?'"

J: "The possibilities are endless."

Me: "How about when he's invited to his employee's kid's bar mitzva? 'Honey, I want you to meet my boss, Mr. Hitler.'"

J: "Yeah, that'd go over well."


1 Comments:

  • I am still a fan of picturing him as the High School quarterback with the crowd cheering "Hitler, Hitler, he's our man..."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home